Lower right back pain can simply be defined as a workingman’s disease. If you are suffering from it now, don’t worry your not alone. Thousands of people who live in every corner of the world suffer from it. The good news is that you have the ability to reduce lower back pain through a combination of diet and exercises. This fact has been proven by scientific studies conducted by the American College of Cardiology. So, what should you eat and what type of exercises do you need to follow in order to get rid of lower back pain?
Diet for lower back pain:
– If you want to get rid of lower back pain, you need to strengthen your bones. Consuming right nutrients such as calcium is extremely important to maintain the ideal health of your bones. Natural food sources such as leafy green vegetables, milk and yogurt contain a very high amount of calcium. If you find difficult to consume these food, you can think of trying calcium rich supplement which is not as good as directly from foods but a decent alternative.
– You should also stay away from pre-processed fat food items like traditional fast food, chips and French fries. These foods contain a high amount of saturated fat, which can give life to a wide range of health issues in the long run, including lower back pain.
– It is recommended by nutritional experts to substitute beef and pork with fish or chicken since they are lower in saturated fat. In addition, you should only consume mainly egg whites. Once yoke a day is acceptable but we wouldn’t recommend you go beyond that. Egg yokes do contain beneficial nutrients but in excess the negatives outweigh the positives.
– Before you cook meats, you should remove the skin and visible fat.
– Try to include natural foods in your diet, like watermelon, grapes, berries, cherries, sweet potatoes, beets and carrots. These foods have been shown to reduce the lower back pain. Moreover, you are advised to consume specific spices and herbs such as onions, basil, garlic, rosemary, ginger and cinnamon. These have the potential to reduce inflammation in your spinal column, which is responsible for lower back pain.
Exercises for lower back pain:
Engaging with back exercises on a regular basis can help you to reduce lower back pain. These exercises have the ability to strengthen your muscles and provide additional support to your spine. You just need to spend about 15-30 minutes a day on these exercises.
– Straight leg raises can be considered as the most effective exercise to lower back pain. To perform this exercise, you need to lie on your back with one knee bent and the other leg straight. Then you need to lift the extended leg while tightening your abs.
– Side stretch, which is done by stretching one arm over your head and bending the body onto the opposite side can also deliver positive results.
– Back arch is another popular exercise available to reduce back pain. In here, you will need to stand straight while keeping your palms on the lower back. Then you need to bend backwards while supporting it with your arms.